Wednesday, September 10, 2008

La Vie en Disco

Maybe I am starting to crack....no, I lie. I feel better and in part I must thank DISCO (although, to be honest, my list could only be considered "disco" as a synonym for "dance" as house, electronica, funk are represented, as well as straight up disco). I have always loved disco. It is the synthesized, glittering, polyester, hustling, superficial, honky Paradise that I believe I will ascend to if I am really, really good. Some favorites, old and new-

10. Rapture, Blondie.

9. Deeper and Deeper, Madonna.

8. Mighty Real, Sylvester.

7. Sophisticated Side Ponytail, Natalie Portman's Shaved Head.

8. Ride a White Horse, Goldfrapp.

7. Staying Alive, the Bee Gees.

6. Alright, Jamiroquai.

5. Atomic Dog, George Clinton.

4. Schism, Tool.

3. Ladies Night, Kool and the Gang.

2. D.A.N.C.E., Justice.

1. Don't Leave Me This Way, Thelma Houston.

No comments: