Friday, March 21, 2008

More Spring Break Trash

So, in retrospect, maybe my love for music videos was a little like the love one has for their bad boyfriend. It's never really satisfying, but it is...what? Romantic? Dramatic? Satisfying? It can be hard to tell, but dammit I miss music videos. I remember my first. We didn't have cable when I was a little girl, but my grandma did and she let us have the run of the place (hi grandma!). When it was my turn to have control of the TV I watched MTV. I remember watching a camera skid across an open, purple room filled with birds and oddly a bathtub. Then a little serious man stood up from this tub and extended his hand to me! Just beats and pompousness and purple. I was hooked. In any case, I could not have foreseen the collapse of the romance between myself and music videos; money holds the strings now and money is boring. So, in retrospect, a collection of the happy times.
When Doves Cry
Thriller
All Through the Night
Faith
West End Girls
Express Yourself
You Got the Right Stuff
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Closer
Just
Hit Me Baby One More Time

No comments: